Contributing to iDempiere
First off, thanks for taking the time to contribute!
If you arrive to this page is because you want to contribute to the project and we would like to make that task as easy as possible to you. We need volunteer developers to help this project come to fruition.
If you haven't already, come find us in Mattermost. We want you working on things you're excited about.
The following is a set of guidelines for contributing to iDempiere. These are mostly guidelines, not rules. Use your best judgment, and feel free to propose changes to this document in a pull request.
Before starting, make sure that you read our code of conduct. This project and everyone participating in it is governed by the iDempiere's Code of Conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please report unacceptable behaviour.
How Can I Contribute?
Did you find a bug?
- Check the Bug Reporting Guidelines
Would you like to suggest a new feature or enhancement?
- Check the New Feature Suggestion Guidelines
Did you write a patch that fixes a bug or adds and enhancement?
- Before submitting, please read the Contributing to Trunk guide to know more about coding conventions, guidelines and benchmarks.
- Attach your patch to the corresponding JIRA ticket or create a pull request and link it to the JIRA ticket.
- Ensure the commit message clearly describes the problem and solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
- If the change is big and adds new functionality, please document the modifications and new features and add this documentation to the new features wiki.
Did you write a plugin that is valuable for the community?
Note: If the community or its leaders find that your plugin does not follow the guidelines, it's disrupting or needs further support from a specific implementing company to use it. The project leaders are entitled to remove the plugin from the Available plugins list.
Do you have questions about the source code?
- Ask any question about how to use iDempiere in the public forum.
Do you want to contribute to the iDempiere documentation?
- Please read Contributing to iDempiere Documentation.
iDempiere is a community-driven open source project and it is a volunteer effort. We encourage you to pitch in and join the team!