New Feature Suggestion Guidelines
These guidelines are brought to you by Diego Ruiz. If you have questions or improvement suggestions, feel free to edit this page.
This is part of a list of all possible contributions, you can check those in Contributing to iDempiere.
This section guides you through submitting an enhancement suggestion for iDempiere, including completely new features and minor improvements to existing functionality. Following these guidelines helps maintainers and the community understand your suggestion and find related suggestions.
Before creating enhancement suggestions, please check the following list as you might find out that you don't need to create one. When you are creating an enhancement suggestion, please include as many details as possible.
Before Submitting An Enhancement Suggestion
- Suggest your change in the public forum, do not open an issue on JIRA until you have collected positive feedback about the change. JIRA issues are primarily intended for bug reports and fixes.
- Check if there's already a ticket which provides or suggests that enhancement.
How Do I Submit A (Good) Enhancement Suggestion?
- Use a clear and descriptive title for the issue to identify the suggestion.
- Provide a step-by-step description of the suggested enhancement in as many details as possible.
- Provide specific examples to demonstrate the steps.
- Describe the current behavior and explain which behavior you expected to see instead and why.
- Explain why this enhancement would be useful to most iDempiere users and isn't something that can or should be implemented as a community plugin.