Marketing Committee Meeting 20201113
From iDempiere en
Time: 12:00 UTC
Venue: Mattermost - Channel: Marketing
Called by: Marketing Committee
You can find the detailed meeting here:
- What's new from this week?
- IDEMPIERE-3921 DateTimeBox assigned Time format.
- IDEMPIERE-4525 Translate MailText in Print Invoices to the corresponding BP Language
- IDEMPIERE-4531 WARN: oeja.AnnotationParser scanned from multiple loca…
- IDEMPIERE-4529 Set Default Desktop Font size by Screen Width
- IDEMPIERE-1117 Attachment -> Disable preview over certain size
- IDEMPIERE-4536 Allow minor customizations in default theme
- IDEMPIERE-4482 Mobile improvements
- IDEMPIERE-4538 Dropdown button is slightly shifted on FindWindow and Payment Rule
- IDEMPIERE-4540 Translate generated mail from Send Mail Text according to the Business Partner Language
- IDEMPIERE-4545 Workflow activities - OK button cannot be reached in mobile
- Bug Fixes
- IDEMPIERE-4514 Grid View Layout Bug
- IDEMPIERE-4499 zk9.5 - Popup menu disappear quickly for buttons on the More area
- IDEMPIERE-4533 Problem when changing a plugin from AdempiereActivator to Incremental2PackActivator
- IDEMPIERE-2490 java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form too large
- IDEMPIERE-4083 currency rate by document or by transaction
- IDEMPIERE-4547 Request EMail Processor - Unknown Parameter: p_NestInbox
- Release work
- IDEMPIERE-4521 Release 8.1 - RC
- Celebration time – let’s celebrate our iDempiere Marketing accomplishments :confetti_ball: !
- We're celebrating that exactly one year ago we held our first marketing meeting!
- Here's a list of what has been accomplished this year:
- We have a new revamped, more modern website.
- iDempiere has now clear mission and vision statements, together with the project values. So we communicate better to the world what is iDempiere and what it means.
- The project counts now with a Code of conduct which guides community members on how to interact with others, it also communicates clearly that we welcome everyone.
- We have now three pages inviting people to get involved in the project and explaining how they can join:
- We defined plugin guidelines
- We defined Bug reporting guidelines
- We defined New features suggestions guidelines
- We defined the distro guidelines
- The iDempiere trademark is now registered in Europe.
- The project has now a powerful slogan, chosen by the community!
- We have now marketing tools for different stakeholders, presenting them the benefits of iDempiere for their particular group:
- There are 9 pages praising and showing the month's contributions, giving credit to every person that contributes to the project.
- The community has chosen 9 iDempiere heroes during this year, coming from different kinds of contributions and praising those who make iDempiere possible.
- We have held 4 triage days, which helped significantly to reduce the number of tickets in JIRA and cleaned up the tickets queue.
- We've created the Let's join efforts page to motivate community members to work together, this approach has been working pretty well with the REST API plugin.
- We have 2 testimonials and 4 articles on the show case page that shows how great is iDempiere.
- The project has now a list of top makers and we have interviewed them to understand them better.
- The project has now an open spreadsheet that allows every community member to see how the money moves in the project.
- We've been tracking most of the contributions actively each month
- We have video tutorials, contributed by the community, on the official youtube channel
- We have a page praising the contributors as well as one presenting the founders to the world
- We are helping to change the Release process to involve the community in the process and test thoroughly.
- We are pursuing to improve (still a WIP) the sponsorship mechanism and motivate people to donate more to the project to be sustainable in the long term.
- We've been creating a weekly list of changes in the core to inform people of what's happening in the project.
- There's an ongoing initiative to work together with Universities to boost the project and attract students.
- The first test community day will be held next week
- The community seems to be more active than before and more participative in forums and community days.
- Community Test day
- We pursue to do follow to approaches:
- A formal one through specific test cases generated by Fitness (thanks to @muriloht for setting up the server)
- A kind of "free-to-test" one, where users can test the system as they would normally use it, for this we provide a template and a document that they must fill with the test case reproduced.
- @chuckboecking has an existing guide explaining how to automate iDempiere testing: https://erp-academy.chuckboecking.com/?page_id=2561. We can review it and decide if we use it for the test day
- After the meeting @chuckboecking proposes to brainstorm on the skills we want users to know to effectively write tests
- We pursue to do follow to approaches:
- iDempiere dynamic About section
- @carlosruiz proposes to change the Credit tab in the About section within iDempiere from a static to a dynamic list. @chuckboecking proposes to do it yearly for every release.
- Next meeting we discuss about the list to be added to 8.2