Marketing Committee Meeting 20200605
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time: 12:00 UTC
Venue: Mattermost - Channel: Marketing
Called by: Marketing Committee
You can find the detailed meeting here: https://mattermost.idempiere.org/idempiere/pl/d69umpiy5fym9mwr4jkhnyf4eo
- What's new from this week?
- improvements on the Autocomplete on search
- Dictionary fixes (this is mostly relevant for Colombia)
- Allowing changelog for extension tables
- Add session timeout/notfound checking at client side.
- continued speed optimization
- An amazing contribution with the docker image
- Video tutorials, documentation in other languages, how to address it?
- Create playlists in different languages, if the videos have English subtitles they can be added to the standard playlist later on
- It is acceptable to have minor advertisement in the videos, as long as it is not aggresive and the video explains vanilla iDempiere functionality
- Next release planning: community activities, beta testing, plugin validations, documentation update ...
- Change the current approach to 8.1 RC (release candidate) and 8.2 LTS (maintained 1y) with a proposal of one month difference to test performance, migrate plugins and so on.
- A proposal is sep-30 RC -> Oct-31 LTS, we better hear what Heng Sin has to say about it