Marketing Committee Meeting 20200529
Time: 12:00 UTC
Venue: Mattermost - Channel: Marketing
Called by: Marketing Committee
You can find the detailed meeting here: https://mattermost.idempiere.org/idempiere/pl/wy3fgbqqqbfp9mui7jo8yx5nwh
Summary of the day
- New features of the week
- Web service bug fixes and improvements
- Dashboard bug fixes and improvements
- Saved query bug fixes and improvements
- Rounding bug fixes
- Quick Entry bug fixes and improvements
- performance improvements
- Autocomplete for field type "Search"
- Things to highlight:
- a best practice note about BigDecimal usage instead of double
- a new feature page documenting autocomplete on Search
- maybe would be great also a best practice page about how/when to implement and use cache
- @chuckboecking suggests adding the term "iDempiere development best practices" to https://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Contributing_to_Trunk.
- Another idea is to create a specific idempiere best practices website taking what was already collected from here and reviewing its content: http://www.adempiere.com/ADempiere_Best_Practices. Preferably adding a link to the code instead of copying code
- In that sense, we can review Chuck's ticket IDEMPIERE-2823 creating tags in the code and documenting them in a page
- How do we communicate with the community? (Qual data about how people follow the project.)
- We should pursue to use the channels for their right purpose and redirect people to the right channel when needed. Forums for support. Social media, Mattermost for announcements.
How can you help?