Marketing Committee Meeting 20200522
From iDempiere en
Time: 12:00 UTC
Venue: Mattermost - Channel: Marketing
Called by: Marketing Committee
You can find the detailed meeting here: https://mattermost.idempiere.org/idempiere/pl/qa3t6zgpr3dj5dfgonaptqzaha
Summary of the day:
- Case studies and testimonials - what's holding the initiative? (In a previous meeting this was mentioned: "We ask the top makers their opinion and what they expect from such initiatives, what would be acceptable for them to see in marketing videos including other companies, what are no-goes...")
- We announce the testimonial initiative for individuals announcing that soon we will invite companies to the initiative, we leave the option open also for end-user companies. And wait until understanding more what the top makers want to proceed with implementers.
- How can the marketing team help in promoting new releases and highlighting the benefits of newer versions. For example, working on documents for the Core team to highlight the work of the release team and component maintainers
- There is a feeling that it is not clear what is new on the newer versions.
- Proposal that we add a standing item to the marketing meetings called new features to keep track on what new features are added weekly
- Change the workflow of adding new features to the core, they must be documented, otherwise, they will not be integrated into the core
- A proposal to hold a test day before Platform releases are made. Initially, a vanilla iDempiere test day
- Maybe better guidance from the community on how to migrate from previous versions - Chuck has it fairly documented and is willing to help and vet if it is the right way of doing it.
- Wiki day to complete unfinished or non-existing documentation.
- Chuck proposed to discuss in the next meeting how we communicate with the community. It would be interesting to know qual data about how people follow the project.