Marketing Committee Meeting 20200122
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Time: 12:00 UTC
Venue: Mattermost - Channel: Marketing
Called by: Marketing Committee
You can find the detailed meeting here: https://mattermost.idempiere.org/idempiere/pl/mtpgja8mutdwuxnwt5jr7jtudw
Summary of the day:
- Friendly distros guidelines - which distros can be accepted and promoted and under what conditions?
- The sources are open (the distro is allowed to have some private sources, as long as they do not sell their solution through public channels)
- The distro implementer contributes actively to the project, especially, issues found in the core
- The distro implementer contributes to community plugins that can be used by the majority of the community using iDempiere vanilla
- Optional/extra points
- "powered by iDempiere" stated on the main website.
- Stay close and up to date with the latest stable version of the core
- The project will not permit distros that close sources to create vendor lock-in.
- Open source summit 2020 in Austin Texas. Submit a proposal for a community member to represent the project? https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-north-america/
- We propose that Chuck holds a talk about the project in the open-source summit in Texas, we can help with the proposal.
- Attracting new contributors - is it clear how a newcomer can contribute to the project, how can it be improved?
- Sponsorship is missing in the contribution page.