Plugin: Telegram Bot API
- Creator: Nikita Polkovnikov - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor: Palichmos Team
- iDempiere version: 3.1
- Java version: 1.8
- Sources: https://github.com/NikColonel/org.palichmos.community.telegram
- Example: https://github.com/NikColonel/org.palichmos.community.telegram.bot.demo
- Discussion: Forum: New plugin for create Telegram bots
This plugin is the basis for creating your Telegram bots.
Telegram bots are essentially your smart and cost effective way to have a mobile interface working with your iDempiere.
Every Android or iOS device can run Telegram. More on this here https://core.telegram.org/bots
The plugin provides:
- library for the bot https://github.com/rubenlagus/TelegramBots
- library for supporting emoji https://github.com/vdurmont/emoji-java
- functionality for launching bots as an iDempiere plugin
Additionally, you can find a demo plugin that will help you understand how this works.
- Support for the basic features of the Telegram API
- Use emoji in the message
- You can create a separate plugin for each bot. Stop \ start plug-in affect the operation of the bot
- Automatically launch all bots at system startup
- In your bot, you can access all iDempiere classes. For example MOrder, DB and others.
How to run a example bot?
- Register your Telegram bot with BotFather
- Start iDempiere application
- Install plugin org.ipalich.community.telegram with OSGI or Felix console
- Open iDempiere and log in
- Open window "Telegram bot" and create new record. Set fields name and token (token gave your BotFather). Save record and copy RecordID (pm_telegram_bot_id)
- Open source code this example plugin. Open class "PalichmosdemoBot.java" and set your pm_telegram_bot_id for variable "pm_telegram_bot_id"
- Build this plugin and install with OSGI or Felix console
- Open your bot and write "/start"
p.s. Make sure that the site https://telegram.org/ is not blocked for your network, otherwise the bot will not work.