Plugin: Sales region polygon (with PostGIS)
- Creator: Nikita Polkovnikov - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor: Palichmos Team http://palichmos.ru/
- iDempiere version: 3.1
- Java version: 1.8
- Sources: https://github.com/NikColonel/org.palichmos.community.geometry/
- Binary: https://github.com/NikColonel/org.palichmos.community.geometry/raw/binary/binaryjars/release-3.1/org.palichmos.community.geometry_1.0.0.v20210111-1511.jar
- Forum: https://groups.google.com/g/idempiere/c/kLtm9o0dstw
What does it do
For each sales region, you can create a record in a new IP_Geometry table. Each record describes a sales region as a polygon. A polygon is an area on a map that is defined by a set of coordinates (longitude and latitude). Using the import and export tools, you can update the polygon. With the help of various services, for example https://geojson.io/ or https://yandex.ru/map-constructor/, you can create or edit a polygon or multipolygon.
With this plugin you can solve the problem “Does the buyer's address get into the delivery area?” (see MGeometry.isContains(lat, long)).
Instructions for use
- Open any Geo JSON editor like https://geojson.io/ or https://yandex.ru/map-constructor/ and click New.
- Using the Polygon tool draw the desired area.
- Click Save and select GeoJSON, save the file.
- Open the Sales Region window and select the desired region.
- On the tab, select the Import Geo JSON process, specify the file, and click OK.
- Refresh the window and now a polygon has been created for this region.
- To edit the polygon, select the Export Geo JSON process and indicate on what date you want to receive the data.
- The MGeometry class has a method IsContains(lat, long) which will return True if the coordinate is in the polygon.
If the sales region is IsSummary, then a child sales region will be created when the polygon is imported. If you want to have a multipolygon, then create a sales region as IsSummary and use the Import \ Export processes on it. If you want to get a specific version of a polygon, then open an entry in the Geometry tab and select the Export Geo JSON process.
How to Install
- Install the PostGIS Database Extension (https://postgis.net). Make sure that the following query works for you: SELECT public.postgis_Version();
- Install the plugin using Felix