NF2.1 Configurable Timeout Session
Feature: Configurable Timeout Session
A new sysconfig key ZK_SESSION_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS was defined to allow configuring the timeout in seconds per tenant - or system wide in case it's not defined for the tenant.
There is no ZK_SESSION_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS entry in the System Configurator by default. If you wish to use it, you must create it yourself. Below is an example of a timeout of 120 minutes for all clients in the system:
- Log in as the System Administrator role
- Open the System Configurator window
- Create a new record with the following entries:
- Name = ZK_SESSION_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS
- Configured Value = 7200
- Configuration Level = System
If there is no ZK_SESSION_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS created in the System Configurator window, the system will take the timeout configured in org.adempiere.ui.zk/WEB-INF/web.xml - which is defined by default 60 minutes.
Possible values for ZK_SESSION_TIMEOUT_IN_SECONDS:
- -2: used internally by iDempiere - same as not set, in this case it uses the default
- -1 or any negative value different than -2: disable timeout. According to oracle java doc: An interval value of zero or less indicates that the session should never timeout.
- 0: Is working in jetty, but still times out - not like specified (Note some old versions with tomcat have problems with setting 0, disallowing completely the login)
- Positive value: Number of seconds to timeout
Technical Info: IDEMPIERE-2110