NF1.0 2Pack Revamped
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Feature: 2Pack Revamped
Sponsor: Trek Global
The new 2Pack became a central piece of iDempiere.
With the revamped 2Pack you can:
- Move any object between databases - 2Pack takes care about the conflicting IDs with the usage of the new UUID columns that each table must have
- Move objects between tenants within the same database - 2Pack takes care of conversion table between the original UUID and new UUID to allow "update" incremental 2packs
- You can choose now to include in the Packout just objects created or modified after a specific Date
- And also you can choose since Packout if you want to export/import dictionary entries (previously this was in Packin leading to errors)
- For any object that doesn't have a dedicated packout definition, you can export it using the Data type
- Also, for a straight way to Packout you can use the Export button, it will export the record (current or queried) and the detail records.
- In PackIn you must now attach the 2pack file in order to import it (previously it was needed to upload the zip file to the server and choose a file in server)
- At the end of the process 2pack gives feedback about the number of processed and un-resolved records - in case you find un-resolved you must check in the error log or the console to identify the problematic objects.
Technical Info: IDEMPIERE-254