How to enter products in the inventory
When openbravo installs these are the tables that are first created.
There are 34 tables in total. To see them enter on your terminal. You need to enter the database you created.
psql -d openbravopostgres
immediately followed by
All these tables are empty at genesis.
Write the command below within a terminal.
SELECT * FROM name;
There are few things we got to do before registering a product. There's a wonderful tutorial on this at http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/diy-it-guy/diy-steps-to-take-before-entering-inventory-in-openbravo-pos/.
Taxes are crucial for the selling of items, for the generation of reports, and for end of year taxes. It's critical that you enter the necessary tax information before entering an inventory item in Openbravo POS.
Follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Openbravo POS system.
2. Go to the Administrator section and click the Stock button to open the screen where you will do most of your inventory work, maintain and report on your inventory from one convenient location.
3. Click the Taxes button to open the Taxes section where you can create,
edit, and delete new tax types.
4. To create a new tax, click the New button (the third icon from the right) and fill in the necessary information.
5. Click the Save icon.The new tax rate will be listed by name in the left navigation. You can create as many taxes as you need for your business.
Item Categories makes it easier to search and display your inventory. Here's how to set
up the feature.
1. From the Administrator screen, click the Stock button and then click Categories. From
the resulting window, you can create new categories.
2. Click the New button and give the category a name.(yeah just click and write)
3. If the new category is a sub-category, select its parent from the Category drop-down.
4. If you want an image associated with the category, set that up now. You can re size a
Category image by adjusting the Percentage Up or Down buttons.
5. Click Save to make new category enter the list.
To create another category, be sure to click the New button; otherwise, you'll overwrite the category you just created.
By adding attributes such as Size, Color, and Serial Number to inventory items, you can
save a lot of time when entering a lot of inventory at once. Here's how to create
1. Click the Administrator button.
2. Go to Stock | Product Attributes and click the New button.
3. Give the attribute a name and click Save.
The type of attributes you create will depend on your business. Now you need to give the attributes values by going to Administrator | Stock | Attribute Values. The attributes will be in the form of XS, S, M, L, and so on (to further define the attributes). These values are created in the same way as you created the Attributes, except you select the Attribute from the top drop-down to which the values will belong. Once you select an Attribute, create all the values necessary. You can also create Attribute Sets, which can combine two Attributes into one, such as Size and Color. Once you create Attribute Sets (and you've already created Attributes), you can go to Attribute Use and assign Attributes to Attribute Sets. You must assign an order for the Attribute in the Attribute Set; for example, in the Attribute Set "Size and Color," you should assign the Attributes "Size" and "Color" with the respective values of "1" and "2."
It's finally time to add inventory in Openbravo POS by clicking the Administrator button and then going to Stock | Products. You should have all of your taxes, categories, and attributes set, so it's just a matter of adding descriptions and costs and selecting various pieces of information from drop-downs. There are drop-downs for all of the items we created earlier. The process of adding inventory is simple yet time-consuming.
Now back To our terminal where we want to see the changes
SELECET * from Categories;
Now you can see the changes we made to our database.
Yes we added products into our database but we didn't insert the amount. If I make sales we got negative units, we are making losses!!! I want now to show you how to insert the amount of a product you have in stock and stop the ship from sinking.
Insert Amont in stock
So lets go to stocks and then click on stock diary
1. You see that loop? Click on it. See What we have here, the Product List window.
2. Click on Name or category or whatever to locate the product that you want.
3. Execute the filter and then click okay.
4. Then insert the amount of unit available for sale for that product.
Super easy right?! Have a nice time inserting the rest, make yourself at home. I'll be waiting at the next mission. How to add products to the sales pannel