Now that you have your server configured, it is recommended to follow some security measures.
These are probably not that important if your server is not open to the internet, or if it's a demo/test server. But, if you server contains production data you are warned that iDempiere default configuration is too open and is a MUST to secure it.
Recommended minimal steps:
- Install an http server to be used a proxy for iDempiere - most used are nginx or apache
- Configure your proxy to publish just /webui - iDempiere by default has several other services published, and some publishing security-sensitive information (like DB password)
- if you plan to use webservices externally you must publish also /ADInterface
- Close ports on your server using a firewall, it's recommended to open just port https/443 and the other ports you may need for administration (i.e. ssh/22)
- Another usual option is to install your server behind a VPN
- Change the default passwords for the 4 default users (SuperUser/System/GardenAdmin/GardenUser)
- Enable hashed passwords
Font for centos minimal instance
When you run server on a minimal centos instance (like on gcloud) text on your chart or "Performance Measurement Setup" workflow can be break reason by it's generated on server and convert to image to display, and server miss almost font. you can install some font to resolved it
sudo yum -y install liberation-serif-fonts liberation-sans-fonts liberation-fonts liberation-fonts-common liberation-narrow-fonts liberation-mono-fonts dejavu-lgc-serif-fonts dejavu-serif-fonts dejavu-fonts-common dejavu-lgc-sans-mono-fonts dejavu-sans-fonts dejavu-sans-mono-fonts gnu-free-fonts-common gnu-free-serif-fonts gnu-free-sans-fonts gnu-free-serif-fonts